Tuesday 14 May 2013

Bony Wilfried trailing only Messi, Ronaldo

Bony Wilfried © Action Images




Vitesse striker Bony Wilfried is the third top scorer in Europe this season with 31 goals just behind Lionel Messi’s 46 and Cristiano Ronaldo’s 33.
The 24-year-old Ivory Coast international says if you add his six goals scored in the Dutch Cup, his tally will top 37 in all competitions, but still below his personal objective for the season.
In an interview with Paris-based Pan-African magazine Jeune Afrique on Tuesday, Bony acknowledges how high his market value has soared off late but says no deal is sight at the moment with few weeks to the opening of the transfer window.
“My club Vitesse know I’m eager to leave in the coming transfer window,” Bony says. “And my agent is currently in talks with Vitesse as well as a number of clubs in Italy, England, Spain and Germany. However, we’re still waiting for something concrete and if nothing comes up I’d stay at Vitesse to see off my contract which runs till June 2015.”
The Ivorian youth, widely regarded back home as Didier Drogba’s successor in the Elephants’ attacking line, had a fruitless trial with Liverpool in 2007, but now wants to return to England as a star.
“I’d love to play in the Premier League because it is very competitive and I know people now me and will accept me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment